I really like power point presentations when they are done well. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people write out sentences in the presentations and then just read from them. This sort of use takes away from the point.
On the flip side I've seen some really awesome presentations. Graphs, pictures, links, and bulleted points can make for a great aid. There is a fine line when using power point features. Too many graphics, slide transitions, special word effects, sounds, fonts, and colors can be too overwhelming.
I think overall power point and presentations tools are great. I think that everyone should learn the proper use of these tools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are correct in that multimedia presentations can be a very powerful learning tool if created and used appropriately. The tutorial would be an assest for teachers and students alike. We will discover this more as we progress through our own presentations and on into WebQuests.
ReplyDelete