Friday, January 29, 2010

Degree: Take Two...Education: Take One!

I feel like I'm starting in the middle of an Education degree. Due to an unfortunate mix-up, I wasn't able to register for classes until the last minute. How am I suppose to know if I want to be an Ed. major without taking a foundations class?! I suppose if I make it through these first few classes that I'll have a better idea. Nothing like starting with the harder ones! At this point everyone seems to have some sort of experience in schools, I do not.

Here goes nothing...

2 comments:

  1. Mo,

    I’m about to finish up my AA in Education, and I have no experience in schools or educational systems either. I’m also a “non-traditional student”; it has taken me a while to get to where I am now. I took Foundations of Education at UVM in 2005 and it did nothing to help me figure out if this is what I want to do. I’m almost at the half-way mark to a BA and I’m still full of doubts. Getting into the teaching profession is hard in that respect—students like us who are unsure are surrounded by other education students who are dead-set on it and have known it would be right for them for a long time. It can be frustrating and alienating, and I think I really understand how you feel.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mo!
    I also switched in the middle and also am a nontraditonal student who needs to work 40 hrs to survive. It's not really fun!! Anyway, I have never worked in a classroom either and am a little nervous to be majoring in something that I really don't even know if I'll like. Do you get nervous that you're not sure it's what you want to do?

    ReplyDelete